Eva Organization for Women (EOW) - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor body image!

4 posters

Go down

Poor body image! Empty Poor body image!

Post  Admin Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Having problems with body image and want to have size zero body!
……………………well, this has its own disadvantages including a high increased risk of osteoporosis (a bone disease which occurs especially to women after the menopause). According to PhysOrg.com, (http://www.physorg.com/news181899869.html) young girls who are too thin may be putting their bones at risk.

Question: how can we encourage our young girls not to be influence by size zero models?

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://eow-forum.narutorpg.org

Back to top Go down

Poor body image! Empty Body image!

Post  showdow Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 pm

These days body image become a major problem in our society, and many young women have this issue lately. Recently one of my cousins who is 20 years old has been diagnosed with some sort of bone related disease. She doesn’t want to go into details but all she said was that the doctor said that it had something to do with her weigh. She is very very thin! So it would be great if there are many non-size zero photo models in fashion design.

showdow
showdow

Back to top Go down

Poor body image! Empty The world we live in

Post  Chloe Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:31 am

Being a 19-year-old girl myself I'm growing up in a world where body image has become a major issue. This is not to say that in the past it wasn't but nowadays in our media saturated society we are constantly bombarded with images of skinny models and celebrities.

Naturally I am slim, in my personal experience I have not felt the full effective of such images, to the extent that I would stop eating in order to become a size zero. But in other ways I have felt the effects of this ever-growing pressure to look good, as I often worry about certain parts of my body.

Although there have been attempts to introduce larger models, in my opinion I don't think the fashion world will ever change too drastically. Skinny models make designer clothes look good.

Instead I think campaigns such as Dove's 'Real Beauty' campaign can help young girls understand that everybody is different and that's what makes life interesting. I particularly like this video 'Dove Evolution' as it highlights how adverts and images we see of women are extremely distorted due to Photoshop manipulation.

I believe that embracing our bodies as they are and ignoring anxieties is the key to becoming comfortable within ourselves.

Chloe

Back to top Go down

Poor body image! Empty body image

Post  blueocean Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 am

We need to teach our young girls first to be confident about who they are and what they have in general. Having a poor-body imagination is not more than lack of a self confidence in general. Second we need to teach the girls to not look their bodies as dolls that need to look and have certain shapes according to the society and age they are living which happen to vary from community to community and from generation to other genaration, and look it as an important tool that needs to maintain certain weights according to one's heights to be a healthy body.

blueocean

Back to top Go down

Poor body image! Empty Re: Poor body image!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down